There are many common signs of Alzheimer’s to be aware of. If you notice any of them in yourself or a loved one it is essential to see a doctor as soon as possible. The earlier you determine what type of problem you are facing, including Alzheimer’s, the better off you will be.
10 Common Warning Signs of Alzheimer’s
1. Memory loss that disrupts everyday life. This is the most common Alzheimer’s symptom. It can include forgetting important dates, repeatedly asking the same questions, and relying on memory aides.
2. Difficultly completing familiar tasks. This can include things such as a hard time managing a budget, and getting lost when driving to a family member’s home.
3. Problem solving issues. Some people with Alzheimer’s find that they are no longer able to devise and/or follow a plan, such as a simple recipe.
4. Confusion related to time. Those who forget where they are at or what time of the day/month/year it is may be suffering from Alzheimer’s.
5. Vision problems. This is an overlooked sign of Alzheimer’s disease. This can include difficulty reading or deciphering colors.
6. Trouble joining in on or following a conversation. Many people with Alzheimer’s will get confused during a conversation, or continually repeat the same story.
7. Misplacing common items and not being able to find them. Everybody does this from time to time, young or old. But if this turns into an ongoing issue Alzheimer’s may be the cause.
8. No longer interested in socializing with others. Many people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease begin to withdrawal themselves from social situations.
9. Bad decision making. Alzheimer’s can lead to poor judgment and bad decisions related to once easy tasks.
10. Mood swings and personality changes. For outsiders, this is one of easiest signs of Alzheimer’s to see.
These are 10 of the most common warning signs associated with the stages of Alzheimer’s disease.